Whew! This past weekend flew by like a whirlwind. While it was gray and rainy outside, I sat most of Saturday and part of Sunday sewing up a storm. (Okay, I couldn't resist...I won't use anymore antonyms).
I started the weekend by cutting and sewing together block #1 on the American Heritage BOM quilt.
I moved onto sewing together a sample quilt from the Riley Blake Peak Hour fabric I received on Thursday. It only took me a few hours to put together, as the center piece is similar to a panel. I am really pleased how it turned out. I am going to take it to my long arm quilter this week, bind it with a coordinating stripe fabric, and post kits for sale on www.myfabricobsession.com.
My sewing didn't stop there....as I moved onto quilting my flannel quilt. It took me a while to create my quilt sandwich, and I even worked up a sweat. There is a lot that goes into layering, measuring, pulling, tugging, spraying, and smoothing. This is my first (and probably my last) queen quilt top that I will put together to quilt without a long arm. I didn't realize how much you have to fight with the bulkiness of the fabric. My arms and upper back were sore by the end of the day. I still have a long way to go until its complete, sew I left it in my machine to tackle again later this week.
Then, I finished off the weekend (while watching the Country Music Awards) by cutting out Block #3 of the American Heritage BOM quilt.
See....I told ya! It was a very productive weekend. I know once the weather improves my sewing days will be numbered as I probably be outside digging in the dirt. Its time to get the garden going!