Karen's Fabric Obsession

Monday, September 5, 2011

Back in the USA

Time flew while in Germany.  Two weeks just wasn't enough time to see the entire country.   

A majority of our time was spent in Heidelberg.   We couldn't have asked for better weather!

Took a day trip to Strasbourg, France and was taken back by the beauty of the Cathedral.

Spent a little time roaming Baden Baden, Germany.

Stayed a few days in Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and I made sure I found myself a nutcracker or two.


While in Munich, we watched as the glockenspiel characters came to life re-creating the royal wedding.
 

Took a tour bus to Oberammergau, and enjoyed some eis (i.e. ice cream). 

Ventured through Linderhof Castle, and

hiked up to Neuschwantstein Castle.

I enjoyed all of the beautiful German country side. 
 




I'll definitely go back, but its good to be home!
  

No comments: