Karen's Fabric Obsession

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

ELM CREEK QUILT NOVELS

As a way to pass time while on our long flight over seas (this past May), I purchased a few paperbacks to read. One of the books I bought was called "The Quilter's Apprentice" by Jennifer Chiaverini.
It was a quick and easy read.  I loved learning the history of certain quilt blocks. I was intrigued to learn the author is also a designer (and has her own fabric line) for Red Rooster Fabrics and has written several series of novels revolving around quilting. When I finished the book, it gave me a little inspiration to sew again. (Yes, I've been putting some hours on my sewing machine again. I just haven't share my work-in progress yet.) 

I'll look forward to reading more in the Elm Creek Quilt novels in the future.

No comments: