Karen's Fabric Obsession

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Show & Tell





The photos do not do this quilt top justice! I think it turned out SO CUTE! I love the color combination: pale yellow, tangerine orange, chocolate brown. It's called "Twinkle" and its made from Fig Tree's Breakfast at Tiffany's and its a 2011 Fig Tree Club Project.






I made it bigger then the pattern. It was originally to be a wall hanging. Now its a perfect size lap quilt (62x70). It's ready to go to the quilter, and I am going to bind it with the tangerine fabric (similar to the inner boarder).






Immediately after completing "Twinkle", I tackled this little beauty. The entire quilt is made out of Moda's Kansas Troubles. The center is pieced from a layer cake of Perennials. I cut the layer cake up into 2 1/2 inch strips and created a 5 x 5 block using a dark and light color. To girly the quilt top up, I appliqued flowers on to two of the corners with a pattern I created to resemble the print from one of the fabrics.




This quilt top is also ready to head to the quilters. Its just so frustrating, as a majority of our good long arm quilters are booked out 4 to 6 months. Now I just have to sit and wait. I am anxious to get this one done and display it proudly in my family room.

Hmmmm... I just might have to start looking into purchasing my own long arm.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Beautiful work!!! Like the colors too. mom