Karen's Fabric Obsession

Monday, August 15, 2011

Pillow Cases

I leave tomorrow for a two week vacation to Germany to visit Kristina.  I've been busy trying to get my bags packed, and checking off each item as its placed into my suitcase.   Kristina has sent me a list for her "care package", as everything is SO expensive in Europe:   large bottles of shampoo and conditioner, jeans, flip flops, strawberry jam, t-shirts, and underwear (you know, all the necessities in life!).

Kristina has been staying with a friend who has two small children, and I decided I needed to bring a little something for the kids and this friend who have been so kind to put up with my daughters crap! 

Hm mm? What do you bring a small children (living in a different country) that will add very little weight to an already stuffed suitcase?   I thought...homemade pillow cases.  Perfect!
So, I decided on these three fabrics for a five year old little girl!
And, this trio for a three year old little boy!


                                        I think they turned out perfect!  Don't you agree?

4 comments:

Sis said...

this friend...oh mom. So nice of you. Cody will love that when he reads it! PS. You can leave the Shampoo behind!

helen said...

what a great idea for the little ones - i'm sure the will love these cute pillow cases.......

Cheryl Scribner said...

Oh Martha...you are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Said Hi to Krista so I have to stop by and say hello to you....have a blast in Germany, lucky bitch...

Love ya Nancy