Karen's Fabric Obsession

Monday, March 21, 2011

Trip to The Buggy Barn

For those of you who live in the Inland Northwest (like I do!!), we have the ability and convenience to shop at the Buggy Barn (http://www.buggybarnquilts.com/)! I love this fabric shop. They even have their own line of fabric (manufactured by Henry Glass Fabrics), and their own unique patterns.

After work on Friday, my friend (Kathy) and I made the small jaunt out to Reardan, and spent a few hours basking in their fabric. Unfortunately, going to the Buggy Barn is like going to Costco....I can't get out of there cheap! So many choices.....such a little budget. But since I only make it out to the Barn a few times each year, I make each trip productive.

Well, I ended up purchasing a quilt kit. Its called Weathervane and its one of Buggy Barns own stack and wack patterns. I am excited to see the finished project in these soft yellow and aqua colors. And....


...I bought another pattern book (Vintage Journey by Jo Morton), along with several fat quarters and extra yardage for borders.

This coming weekend I am picking up ....(drum roll)...my new Bernina!!! And, I am going to participate in a little private quilting retreat. I have been spending the last few days picking out projects and cutting out the pieces so I can enjoy every minute working on my new machine. I have three quilt patterns cut. Just need to pack my toothbrush and I am ready to go!

My first quest will be sewing this pattern (i.e. The Natural) and using the flannels I previously purchased. If all goes well this weekend, I hope to come home with at least two quilt tops completed. "Show and Tell" upon my return (lets hope I'm productive)!

No comments: