Karen's Fabric Obsession

Friday, February 17, 2012

QUILT FAIRY

Recently, my mother in-law, Mamaw Carolyn, invested in a new Bernina 700 Series sewing machine.   She's been taking classes and tinkering around with various sewing projects trying to learn all the special tricks of her new toy.

I thought why not offer her the opportunity to sew on one of my numerous "To Do" projects that I have squirreled away in my sewing room.  She kindly accepted my offer, and I immediately mailed her a quilt kit before she changed her mind.
Sew, I sent her the quilt kit from the Fig Tree Club Project:  Country Fair.
In just a few weeks, she telephoned me to tell me that she FINISHED the quilt I had just sent her!  WOW!  The Quilt Fairy came through and completed this beauty....
  Just needs to be quilted and bound and then its ready for use!  I love the colors and unique pattern.  

I'm thinking I better hurry and send her another project from my "To Do" pile, as I don't want the Quilt Fairy to get any dust on her wings!

P.S.   Thanks Mamaw (aka the Quilt Fairy)!  Its perfect!

No comments: