Karen's Fabric Obsession

Friday, November 9, 2012

QUILT MARKET: Inspiration

Not only did I enjoy rows and rows of vendor booths with stacks of fabric and piles of patterns, but I was totally inspired by the array of gorgeous quilts on display. The International Quilt Market had a remarkable showing of various types of quilts.  I took photos of my favorites; however, my photos do not do justice to any of these pieces of art.  Enjoy!





BBK (Bookcase Before Kindles) by Margaret Kessler of Huntsville, Texas
Technique: Machine piecing, machine applique, free motion quilting & piping for binding.
1952 REO by Susan Cane of Canaan, Connecticut
Techniques:  Edge turn machine applique & machine quilting



That's me standing in front of the Starlit Night by Ghislaine Lucas of Le Conquet, France
Technique:  Hand piecing & hand quilting 
Flower Quartet by Yasuko Sugaya of Ichibara, Japan
Technique:  Hand piecing, hand applique, hand embroidery, hand quilting & trapunto


                           
I saved my Quilt Market favorites for another posting!  You'll have to visit again soon!        

No comments: