Karen's Fabric Obsession

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tools of the Trade

These new pens were brought to my attention earlier this year.  I was told this is the new "Tool of the Trade" for hand applique.  Throw away those Sharpie pens!  With this new gadget, you will no longer have to stress when you make a mistake while tracing a pattern onto your fabric!  No need to hide your lines while turning your piecing under during your hand sewing. I was HOOKED the first time I put these pens to use!


These remarkable pens are made by Pilot and their called Frixion Erasable Gel Pens.  You trace around your pattern with one of the gel pens...
And when you want the lines to disappear you simply add a little heat!
All markings magically disappear!
Originally, I purchased a black and pink pen to use on dark and light fabrics.  At the Quilt Market, I snagged up an entire set just to change things up a bit!  I promise, you will not be disappointed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THEY ARE FABULOUS!!! I used them to mark for free motion quilting and ironed the markings away. No more spraying with water to wash away the blue marking pen!

The rumor out there is that this pen was originally developed for scrapbookers...little did they know that when the quilters caught wind of this fine new notion...Pilot can't keep up with the demand!