Karen's Fabric Obsession

Monday, April 30, 2012

LEMON DROP MARTINI

My all time favorite adult beverage is a Lemon Drop Martini.  I've had years of practice in preparing and mixing this citrus treat.  A genuine self-taught mixologist!
After several days of physical labor working in the yard (mind you, my hubby did most of the work but I did help "supervise"), I decided to celebrate with a well deserved cocktail.  I thought....why not share! Go ahead! Give it a try and it might become your all-time favorite adult beverage too!

Karen's Lemon Drop Martini

2 oz. Vodka (Citron, if you have it)
1/2 oz. Triple Sec or Cointreau
1 1/2 - 2 oz. Simple Syrup*  (amount depends on your own personal taste)  
Juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon

Place all ingredients in a martini shaker filled partially with ice.  Shake until very cold. 
Pour into in a sugar rimmed martini glass.  ENJOY!

*Simple Syrup is a mixture of equal parts of sugar and water.  Boil slightly to dissolve the sugar, and keep in refrigerator until ready to use. 

No comments: