Karen's Fabric Obsession

Monday, July 16, 2012

CAMPING: Our style!!

Our style of camping is probably considered upscale. Mind you, I have done my fare share of sleeping under the stars, squatting behind a tree, and cooking on an open fire.  In fact, I was a Girl Scout leader for years, and I still utilize several different camping methods that I learned from Girl Scouts even while camping in luxury.

We camped a lot when our kids were little. My children still say that their favorite family vacations were camping. Camping is a great way to create fun and long lasting memories.

While we are no longer sleeping in tents, we are still creating many great memories: "our" style!  
Over the 4th of July, my husband and I went camping for a week at the Oregon coast.  We met up with some good friends, and spent our time at Jesse Honeyman State Park in Florence, Oregon. A "must see and do" for any camping enthusiast.
                                     
Jesse Honeyman State Park is situated half way up the Oregon coast and three miles south of Florence on scenic Highway 101.  It is the second largest overnight camping park in the state. There are two miles of sand dunes between the park and the ocean and there are two natural freshwater lakes within the park.  Within hours of our arrival, we were unloading the ATV's and exploring the dunes and beach.
Kim & Selby even took their vintage "3 wheeler" out for ride
While I normally rode as a passenger (as my foot was still in a cast),
  I did venture out solo when we were on the beach.
I was surprised by all the debris from the tsunami in Japan last year that had washed up on shore each night .

Don't worry, we made sure we had plenty of rest,
lots of food, 
good times, and
GREAT MEMORIES!!

No comments: