Karen's Fabric Obsession

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

NEWEST PROJECT

I desperately needed a new hand sewing project; something to keep my hands busy while sitting in front of the television. Sew, this past weekend, I started on a holiday wall quilt.
I've made a few patterns out of this "Tis the Season" quilt book, and I decided to tackle the quilt on the front cover.
I cut out all the blocks, bindings and applique pieces.  I quickly sewed together the body of the quilt, and decided that I would hand sew all the scenery pieces to the large rectangle piece of fabric.  That should keep me preoccupied for a while.
While I just started the hand sewing, and I still have lots of little pieces to tack into place, it shouldn't take me too long to get all this festive quilt completed and off to the long arm quilter.  Maybe, I'll get it done in time for the Christmas holiday.

No comments: