Karen's Fabric Obsession

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

TABLE RUNNER

I made a quick and easy table runner for a my step mother to celebrate her birthday.  Surprisingly, my father is the one who gave me the idea when I went for a visit earlier this year.
I had a charm pack that meet the color requirements:  green and black.  I cut each 5x5 cut of fabric in half to measure 2 1/2 x 5".  I sewed two different pattern pieces of the 2 1/2 x 5" together to make a 4 1/2 x 5" block.  I then trimmed each block to 4 1/2" square, then sewed three blocks together in alternating positions into a row.   (Block placement example: = ll =; or horizontal, vertical, horizontal).  The picture below displays the block placement.
Based on the measurements I needed, I sewed seven rows together (utilizing 21-4/12" blocks), but you can make it much larger if needed.  I bordered the runner with 2 1/2" strips of solid black.  I machine quilted the project and bound it with black.  I thought it turned out real cute.  I think I will make myself one!

No comments: