I received the Farmer's Wife Quilt book in the mail last Friday. Immediately began strolling through the pages, and reading the various stories. Excited to start this new journey, I went to my sewing room and choose the first block to quilt. #14!
There was absolutely no reason for starting with block #14, except it was the first page I saw when I opened the book.
I then determined I would use my scraps of material designed by Moda's Sweetwater (as I have a lot) and I also wanted to use some new fat quarters from their new line that I picked up at the Houston Quilt Market. I want this finished quilt to look bright, and cheerful.
While I enjoyed sewing this block, I was a little disappointed with the finished size. It is suppose to be 6x6, but I must have been too gracious in my seam allowances as it measures a tad bit short.
Sew, I cut out another block (#103), eyeballed smaller seam allowances and stitched it together. This block measures 6x6, but I am unhappy with my fabric selection. I shouldn't have used a directional fabric.
This block was too big! I am disappointed and rethinking my desire to sew this newest project by hand. I am going to give it one more try (as I cut out block #42), and if I am not happy with the final results, I am going to start all over, but I will use my trusty sewing machine.