Karen's Fabric Obsession

Friday, February 15, 2013

ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP

I love a big bowl of soup on a cold day.  Add a loaf of fresh bread, a salad, and a bottle of wine, and you have one of my favorite meals (especially on a very cold day).  

This past weekend I made Italian Wedding Soup.  I had anticipated on making enough soup to enjoy throughout the week. I did not intend my husband falling in love with the meal and thinking it was his last supper. 

I halved the recipe which is a little over six servings. However, I don't think it is intended for six individual servings to be eaten by ONE man in one evening. 

Just prior to dinner, I saved enough soup for my lunch the next day, and placed it into the refrigerator.  After dinner, I realized I forgot to snap a photograph of the soup, and I quickly retrieved the bowl from the refrigerator, and snapped a picture.  However, the flash alerted my husband. He came into the kitchen to investigate, realized there was soup remaining, and quickly abducting the last bowl of soup!  Needless to say, no soup for me!  

No comments: