Karen's Fabric Obsession

Monday, February 11, 2013

M.I.A.

This past week I was M.I.A. (i.e. missing in action) in the blogging world.  No particular reason, but I had absolutely nothing to post onto the blog. I drew a blank and I couldn't get my creative juices flowing. It was a normal week.  I did my normal weekly routine, but I just could not come up with anything to share. I was able to put in a few hours of sewing, but I didn't want to blog any of the projects until I got them finished.
                                
I did have a visitor the entire week. Krawl stayed with us while our daughter, Katie, was on vacation.

I spent several hours mending the quilt my son's dog chose to use as a chew toy.  Luckily, I had a few left-over scraps in my stash to patch the back and quilt top.  There were three places to fix, and the first two areas I mended went without a hitch; but the last piece (the biggest, of course) gave me nothing but grief.  I'd sew it together, rip it out, and start all over again.  The  outer border is made out of a plaid fabric, and I was trying match the lines when sewing on the patch. The lines never would match up, but I did the best I could.  
The quilt is now mended and heading back to Chicago. 
  

No comments: