Karen's Fabric Obsession

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

NEWEST SIDE PROJECTS


I'm still plugging away on a quilt top I started earlier this year.  I've finished 34 blocks, and I have been contemplating on whether or not to make it bigger. The pattern I am following is for a lap quilt. However, one of the outer borders is made entirely out of flying geese.  There are all sewn and ready to assemble. If I make the quilt top bigger, I am going to have to make MORE flying geese.  I am NOT excited about making more flying geese. Here is a sneak peek...
I've lost my interest on working on this quilt top several times; and recently, I have thrown it aside and ventured into some smaller side projects.

With fall just around the corner, I have cut out and hand appliqueing a pumpkin table mat.  I've been working on this project while sitting on the couch watch television. (Sorry for the poor picture quality...I need to stop taking pictures with my phone).
Recently, while wasting valuable time searching Pinterest (which I absolutely love!!), I stumbled across a rustic (but pretty) table runner that I thought was really cute.  Of course, I pinned it and posted a "Like" on Facebook, for which my sister commented "This is cute, you can make me one, thankyouverymuch!"  Why not, I asked myself. Sew, I made my sister one, myself one, and I am making each of my children one.  What do you think?

1 comment: