Karen's Fabric Obsession

Monday, May 16, 2011

I Survived!

Well I survived my first Quilt Market.  It was so exciting, informative and inspirational.  I absorbed as much as I could, purchased some new items, and now (I believe) I am ready to move forward in my venture in opening my online quilt shop.  I hope to be up and running in the very near future.   Everyone at the quilt market was fabulous, and so much fun. 
I was so surprised at the size of the market, and I was told it does not hold a candle to the fall market in Houston.   I felt like a little fish in a ginormous ocean!
There was over 2000 vendors to see, and various classes and seminars to attend.      
We Linda even spent some time chatting and exchanging ideas with Tricia Cribbs (founder of Turning Twenty).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and Linda barely survived! Karen and I can not be in charge of directions. We are both lefties and guess what...we will go in the wrong direction each and every time! A 10 minute ride from the airport to the hotel turned into
30. Had to turn around twice!!

Helen said...

Sounded like everyone knew what they were doing??!! haha

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Your talents have always amazed me. Can't wait to see what you create! Miss, miss, miss you.

Love, Bobbi