Karen's Fabric Obsession

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Supporting the Habit

The bus trip to the Pentleton Quilt Show did not go without picking up a few of this and a few of that to add to my fabric collection and to help support my habit.  
I picked up a few fat quarters of primary colors to add to the Calendar Quilts (by Kim Schaefer) I hope to tackle in the near future.   The array of blues will probably be used in the background in the month of April.
I have been wanting a holder to keep my various quilting rulers organized and in one place.  I have been shopping various websites trying to find just the right one and (of course) at the right price.  An elderly gentleman accompanying his wife at her vendor booth pulled on my heart strings, and I decided his solid maple holder was just what I needed!  It's perfect, and I could tell it was made for someone special.  Me!
 While I did not purchase this little chicken pin cushion, I thought it was adorable and wanted to share! 
It was fun seeing some new creations.  It only sparked my desire to get some sewing done!

No comments: