Karen's Fabric Obsession

Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Events (Part 1)

On Saturday, we celebrated with my mom as she was honored with the 2011 Women of Wisdom Life Achievement Award for Bonner County, Idaho.
 This award is given to women who possess vision, exhibit an ongoing love of learning, show a commitment to church, school, or community, demonstrate leadership and achieve goals through collaboration. The Honorees must have also distinguished themselves by facing life’s challenges with grace and courage, by living with dignity, integrity and honor, and by serving as examples and inspirations to future generations of women.
 This is my mother:   Helen Tapp, the 2011 Women of Wisdom Honoree!  Congratulations Mom!
After the festivities, we (my mom, sister and Cousin Linda) made homemade pizza and tried to solve all of the worlds problems. 
We also showed off our new pedicures.
And, took a stroll on my mom's deck (which is completely covered by the rising waters of Lake Pend Oreille!)   All in all... it was an eventful Saturday!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Thank you Karen - it was a fun week end with all three of my girls!!
thank you for coming and helping me with my celebration. Love you, mom