Karen's Fabric Obsession

Friday, July 1, 2011

Another Project in the Works

A year ago, I left my favorite traveling tote bag in a cab while in Dallas!   I was so angry with myself.  Since that trip, I have tried to find a substitute to no avail.  I like to carry all my "traveling" essentials in this tote bag:  snacks, hand sewing projects, GPS (for rental cars), magazines, and lap top.  Anyways, I decided I would make one.  Just for me!
I purchased a few yards of a brick red floral print for the body of the bag, a dark brown polka dot for the inter lining and a paisley beige for the binding/edging. 
I decided to quilt the tote body to give it some extra softness and warmth (basically, I wanted to girly it up a little). 

So this week when I had a moment or two, I worked on drawing and quilting a diamond pattern onto the body pieces.   So far I am pleased with how it is looking, and I am excited to get it done.  I don't have much time left before we go on our next vacation.   Next step....start assembling the body of the bag.  However, I am going to take a short break to enjoy a WONDERFUL holiday weekend camping with some friends (all while hand sewing a binding on a another quilt top I just picked up from the quilter, Chantal).  I will keep you updated on my progress!  

No comments: