Karen's Fabric Obsession

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

EXERCISE CAN BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH



At a friends campsite over the weekend. to cute.

Part II:  Continued....


So, my hubby and I began our leisurely walk around the park as we wanted to checkout other campsites to see if they were large enough to accommodate our truck and 5th wheel trailer for future visits.  My sister and her family frequent Steamboat Rock State Park and she told me of their favorite campsite, and I wanted to check it out.

The park was practically full and I was excited to see that a large amount of the sites were occupied by retro-mini travel trailers!  So cute!!

My husband suggested we hike up Steamboat Plateau so we can get a birds-eye view of the entire area and then head back to our campsite for some dinner, adult beverages, and a campfire. (Yeah!!)
Off we went! We greeted other hikers and exchanged trail hazard zones as we winded up the steep and rocky path.  An hour later, we reached the top.  It was so pretty, and you could see for miles.
We took a few pictures, and started to head down hill, as I was starving and it was almost dinner time.  And close to the bottom of the hill (on the steepest part of the hike), it happened....

I lost my footing and rolled on ankle on a rock. We had approximately 200 feet left of the trail before reaching the bottom.  I could not bare any weight onto my left foot, and the trail was still too steep for my hubby to carry me.  I scooted down part of the trail on my butt until the path was wide enough so that my hubby and another hiker could carry me down to flat ground. 

I ended up spending the next few hours in the local hospital to see what damage I had done.
Yep, I fractured my left fibula just above the ankle. 
So, needless to say, our camping trip ended on a bad note.  The good part is that my foot to work my sewing machine is just fine!

No comments: